A breakthrough paint protection is repairing the damage on your car from everyday’s collision. Often these processes are complex depending on the type of damage. The expert technicians make use of special tools and equipment to repair the body parts that include exteriors, interiors, frames etc. Before the repairs are conducted and comprehensive checks are made the technicians understand the maker of the car, the model of the car and also if any part needs to be replaced. In the case of minor dents the technician may just pick up the hammers and get is straight. However, in scenarios wherein the damage is severe, there may be need of equipment, tools and welding to replace the body parts. After the entire repair is done the painting of the exterior is done.
Step by step procedure of an auto body repair service
- Look into the damage and create a report, estimate and plan
- Removal of the parts that are damaged and need a replacement or a welding
- Realignments of the entire structure
- Hammer the dents in case of minor or make use of tools and equipment in case of major dents
- Replace the parts and put it back into place
- Installation of the windows
- Painting in case required depending on the damage
Tips to find the right and suitable auto body repair service
Most of the auto body repair services offer a comprehensive repair with qualified, trained and certified technicians. However, mentioned below are the few general tips that one can consider before making a choice,
- Look for recommendations. Your friends, neighbours and colleagues may have visited a service centre recently to get an auto body repair done. Find out the outcome and take considerations
- Visit varied websites to find the one that is nearby and fits into the budget
- How does the website look? Find out the reviews and look into the negative review closer that the positive ones
- Don’t take an estimate only from one. Take estimates from a couple of service centres and compare services included and the rates
- Find out if the centre is organised with skilled employees and modern equipment
- The materials used make a lot of difference. Many times the paint used is not from a universally recognised supplier. Reputed service centre make use of the best suppliers and best paints
- Take a look at the premises and find if it’s clean with safety equipment and the work conditions of the employees
- Keep a track on the work progress. Look at the quality of work and how effective it is
- Find out if the centre is offering any kind of guarantee or warranty against the repairs. Most of us always tend to forget it.
If only one has to get the car denting and painting done there are a number of service centre available. However, in case of a complete auto body repair service, one has to consider a number of recommendations.